Cryptocurrency in the modern system of international monetary, financial, and credit relations is a convenient form of electronic payments and promising for implementation investment. This article will analyze the features of the cryptocurrency bitcoin in modern financial markets and provide a guide on how to mine bitcoin gold.
What is bitcoin?
Today, digital money has become a new challenge to the usual traditions of money circulation and is becoming a purely conditional (virtual) reality and a key element of the virtual economy. Among digital money, there is a cryptocurrency – a digital currency protected by cryptographic technologies. The cryptocurrency payment system is based on the following principles:
- the anonymity of participants;
- independence from state influence;
- lack of a single control center;
- scattering of data among the parties-contractors.
The cryptographic code protects the cryptocurrency and it gives the ability of any user-operator to issue it bypassing the actions and positions of the central bank. Blockchain technology is a distributed database that requires appropriate IT support and is based on special encryption algorithms. Issuance (mining), circulation, and accounting of such units are decentralized, there is no external or internal administrator of this mining process, and as a key feature – cryptocurrencies have no limits of their formation and circulation (distribution).
Cryptocurrency provides a fast and reliable system of payments and money transfers, which is based on the latest technologies and is not controlled by regulatory government agencies. There are many cryptocurrencies in the world today (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Peercoin), but the most famous with the rapid development is Bitcoin (bitcoin).
It is a program code that is not regulated by any country or banking supervisor in the world and does not have a single issuance center. The production of bitcoins is limited algorithmically: theoretically, every owner of a powerful computer can “get” bitcoins by using computing power, but there is a limit to their total number in circulation.
Where to get “magic” bitcoins?
Cryptocurrency is mined by millions of computers around the world, using a program to calculate mathematical algorithms. Since 2009, bitcoins have been mined on home computers. However, over time, this task became more difficult, so the creation of bitcoin farms, which use special powerful equipment. The crypt is also mined on Asics – equipment created specifically for mining.
Bitcoins are stored in an open database – a blockchain, which is a decentralized public register. It is essentially a kind of electronic ledger, a copy of which is stored on thousands of computers at the same time.
The mechanism of creating bitcoin can really be compared to the extraction of gold, which is supported by current monetary currencies. It was necessary to increase the value of banknotes constantly increase production capacity for gold mining. The main feature of creating bitcoin is the constant complication of the calculation algorithm, so each new “coin” is mined with more time and resources.
Benefits from using cryptocurrency
The main advantages of using cryptocurrency include:
- No inflation. The commodity prices remain at the same level, which leads to the absence of currency depreciation;
- Neither banks nor neither the tax authorities nor the state can control the exchange coins between users’ wallets, which reduces tax revenues to the state budget;
- Significant savings in the cost of issuing money. Since the Bitcoin system is intangible, coins and printing are minted banknotes, as well as the associated maintenance costs unnecessary;
- Low commission. Payments using cryptocurrency are currently made either without commission or with incredibly low commissions;
- Peer cryptocurrency network. There are no such networks the master server, which is responsible for all operations;
- Cryptocurrency cannot be copied.